Many government agencies and programs are expanding their services for lives disrupted by the COVID-19 response.
Agency for Persons with Disabilities (APD)
APD works in partnership with local communities and private providers to assist people who have developmental disabilities and their families. APD also provides assistance in identifying the needs of people with developmental disabilities for supports and services.
- COVID-19 Information for People with Disabilities
- COVID-19 Information By and For People with Disabilities
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Resources
- General Resources
- Children, Youth, and Family
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing | American Sign Language
- Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities
- Older Adults and Caregivers
- Service Animals
- Disability Rights
Business Assistance Resources
- During an activation of the State Emergency Operations center, the Florida Private Sector Hotline is activated. The Florida Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO) is the lead agency for the State Emergency Response Team Emergency Support Function (ESF) 18. ESF-18 is tasked with coordinating local, state and federal agency actions that provide immediate and short-term assistance to business and industry as well as economic stabilization.
- Florida Private Sector Hotline: 850-815-4925
- Email: ESF18@em.myflorida.com
- The Business Damage Assessment Survey is now activated to assess the impact of COVID-19 on Florida business operations. The survey, managed by the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO), will evaluate businesses affected by COVID-19 and the impacts the virus has had on the local economy so actions to implement appropriate relief programs can begin. The Business Damage Assessment Survey can be taken online.
- The Florida Small Business Emergency Bridge Loan is currently available to small business owners located in all Florida counties statewide that experienced economic damage as a result of COVID-19.
- Disaster Loan Assistance is now available through the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA). SBA provides low-interest disaster loans to businesses of all sizes as well as private non-profit organizations.
Reemployment Assistance – If your employment has been negatively impacted as a result of the mitigation efforts in Florida to stop the spread of COVID-19, you may be eligible to receive reemployment assistance.
Florida Community Health Centers
- Florida’s Community Health Centers deliver high-quality, community-based comprehensive health care services to all patients, regardless of their ability to pay.
- With 600-plus locations statewide, Community Health Centers serve more than 1.6 million patients every year, ensuring that all Floridians receive the health care they need in a way that’s economical for taxpayers.
Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
- Summer BreakSpot locations are a place for kids and teens 18 and under to come and enjoy free meals while school is out.
Florida Department of Health
- Florida Child Care Food Program
- Florida’s Child Care Food Program (CCFP) intends to use all available program flexibilities and contingencies offered by United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) to serve program participants.
- During an unexpected school closure, schools can leverage their participation in one of USDA’s summer meal programs to provide meals at no cost to students. Under normal circumstances, those meals must be served in a group setting.
- However, in a public health emergency, the law allows USDA the authority to waive the group setting meal requirement, which is vital during a social distancing situation. CCFP is working with USDA to issue waivers to ease program operations and protect the health of participants.
- Find participating CCFP providers in your area.
- In-Home Rapid HIV Testing Kit Program
- Individuals who visit KnowYourHIVStatus.com website are eligible to receive a free OraQuick In-Home Rapid HIV Testing Kit. Eligibility criteria have been removed to assist more individuals in accessing HIV testing during the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Any underlying health condition which causes your immune system to be compromised will make it harder for you to fight COVID-19, which is why HIV testing continues to be vitally important throughout the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Individuals requesting a kit are asked to complete a short survey providing information for mailing the kit, along with basic demographic information. The kit is then mailed to the requester along with linkage to care and pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) information.
- Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
- The Florida WIC program is making accommodations for individual client needs during the COVID-19 emergency.
- Options for accommodations such as remote nutrition counseling in place of in-person office visits may vary by county.
- Please contact your local WIC office for assistance.
- The outbreak of COVID-19 is stressful for most people. Fear and anxiety about a disease can be overwhelming and cause strong emotions in adults and children.
- If you or someone you care about is feeling overwhelmed with emotions like sadness, depression, or anxiety, or feel like you want to harm yourself or others, call:
- Call 911
- Call the Disaster Distress Helpline at 1-800-985-5990 or text TalkWithUs to 66746 (TTY 1-800-846-8517)