Who is eligible for a COVID-19 vaccine?
- The Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine for individuals 12 years of age and older.
- The Moderna and Janssen (Johnson Johnson) COVID-19 vaccines for individuals 18 years of age and older.
Find COVID-19 vaccination sites near you.
Appointments may be required, and specific vaccine types and brands may not be available at all sites.
Do I need an appointment?
Appointments may be required, and specific vaccine types and brands may not be available at all sites, so review the location’s instructions (for example, you may need to schedule an appointment online).
The following COVID-19 vaccines have been authorized by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for the prevention of COVID-19:
- The Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine for use in persons 12 years of age and older.
- The Moderna COVID-19 vaccine for use in persons 18 years of age and older.
- The Johnson & Johnson (Janssen) vaccine for use in persons 18 years and older.
All COVID-19 vaccines are free to Floridians. The Florida Department of Health will continue to provide information to the general public as other COVID-19 vaccines become available.
Booster shots are available for those who received a Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine six or more months ago and fall into one of the following groups:
- 65 years and older
- Age 18+ who live in long-term care settings
- Age 18+ who have underlying medical conditions
- Age 18+ who work or live in high-risk settings
Booster shots are available for those who received a Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine two or more months ago and are 18 and older.
Eligible individuals may choose which vaccine they receive as a booster dose. To learn more, click here.
COVID-19 vaccines are widely available throughout Florida and you can get one now.
All Florida residents 12 years and older are eligible to receive a COVID-19 vaccine as prescribed by the Food and Drug Administration. The Pfizer vaccine is authorized for persons age 12 and up. The Moderna and Janssen (Johnson and Johnson) vaccines are authorized for persons age 18 and up. To learn more, click here.
Both full-time and seasonal residents are eligible to get their COVID-19 vaccines in Florida. Someone should only get their shot in Florida, however, if they will be in Florida for the time period needed to receive both shots.
Additionally, anyone in the state for the purpose of providing goods or services is also eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine in Florida.